By Jay Fields, Shane Harvie, Martin Fowler
The Definitive Refactoring advisor, absolutely made over for Ruby
With refactoring, programmers can remodel even the main chaotic software program into well-designed structures which are a long way more uncomplicated to conform and keep. What’s extra, they could do it one step at a time, via a chain of straightforward, confirmed steps. Now, there’s an authoritative and generally up-to-date model of Martin Fowler’s vintage refactoring ebook that makes use of Ruby examples and idioms throughout–not code tailored from Java or the other environment.
The authors introduce a close catalog of greater than 70 confirmed Ruby refactorings, with particular information on whilst to use every one of them, step by step directions for utilizing them, and instance code illustrating how they paintings. the various authors’ refactorings use robust Ruby-specific good points, and all code samples can be found for obtain.
Leveraging Fowler’s unique thoughts, the authors convey how one can practice refactoring in a managed, effective, incremental demeanour, so that you methodically enhance your code’s constitution with no introducing new insects. no matter what your position in writing or holding Ruby code, this publication could be an essential source.
This e-book may also help you
• comprehend the center rules of refactoring and the explanations for doing it
• realize “bad smells” on your Ruby code
• transform undesirable designs into well-designed code, one step at a time
• construct checks to ensure your refactorings paintings properly
• comprehend the demanding situations of refactoring and the way they are often overcome
• Compose how to package deal code properly
• circulate gains among gadgets to put obligations the place they healthy top
• manage information to provide help to paintings with
• Simplify conditional expressions and make better use of polymorphism
• Create interfaces which are more uncomplicated to appreciate and use
• Generalize extra effectively
• practice higher refactorings that remodel complete software program platforms and should take months or years
• effectively refactor Ruby on Rails code